Saturday, August 22, 2009

Animation Short



I decided on a short animation project based around a character. No deep story lines, just raw CG. I started with a few thumbnail sketches...

I was looking for a streamlined action-based character. Something I can really have fun animating.

While drawing the thumbnails, I considered some of the dynamic elements - I don't want to spend too much time on things like cloth dynamics, so I gave her skin-tight suit.
Once I was happy with the design, I painted the character to establish color and refine some of the details.
I kept working and sculpted the character in ZBrush. This step was quite easy. I used subtools to extract the clothes. The next step would be to re-topologize the entire character and reduce the poly-count for export to Maya.

If you have any questions regarding these steps, please shoot me an email. In the future I will post some video tutorials on painting and sculpting...

No comments: